Designed so that even a brand new artist could approach art making with ease and the experienced artist could discover something new about a lesser used medium, The Magic of Oil Pastels is a course that has something to offer every artist.
Let loose and learn to scribble again, with lovely painterly results.
Using just a few supplies and some good tips, you’ll be on your way to painting with oil pastel.
Originally released two years ago, this course is getting a complete makeover now!
Adding new content, including landscapes and incorporating oil pastel into your mixed media artwork.
This is a very comprehensive course that will also help you with color theory, composition and design.
Only $127 during the Launch Special
(offer until 3/5)
What to Expect in this Online Course:
- A comprehensive materials and brand review showing you exactly what results you’ll get depending on the supplies you use.
- Essential foundation lessons in color theory, composition and design.
- Complete start to finish lessons with narration so you know exactly what I am doing as I do it and why.
- Alternative uses of oil pastel in mixed media with video demos.
- More than 40 full length videos set to music so you can watch my process on different compositions and color combinations.
- Printable quick guides for color choices and composition designs for each of the process videos.
- A collection of copyright free stock Images to use as inspiration or to recreate for your artwork.
- Plus a private forum for support as you navigate your way through this fun, portable and easy to use medium.
Yes, you get to keep this course indefinitely.
Download or watch online as many times as you’d like.
Are a very portable medium.
You can easily create on the go in vivid color.
Are an easy way to work out your ideas before you begin a larger painting.
Require very little setup or take down. And take up very little space.
Can be easily fit into a busy schedule - make something in only 15 minutes.
Are loads of fun to work into your mixed media artwork.
Are not mysterious and hard to use…they’re fun and with a few short lessons you’ll probably think so, too!
Schedule of Content Release
February 18th - Original Course Content
Introduction, Know Your Supplies, Understanding Color theory with color wheel lesson in oil pastel, Compositions for Abstract Florals, PDF Printable Lessons
4 Complete Abstract Florals Lessons, 27 full length videos set to music without instruction to watch the process on different compositions and color combinations, Printable Color palettes and composition guides.
Original lesson using oil pastels in mixed media. A bonus art journal lesson. *Arriving March 4th: Bonus Large work on cradled board complete process video. Watch how Kellee makes her large paintings come alive with oil pastel!
New Landscape Module
(Released February 25th)
Composition and color theory specifically for Landscapes, 4 Complete Modern Landscape Lessons, 20 full length videos set to music without instruction to watch the process on different compositions and color combinations, Printable Color palettes and composition guides.
New Mixed Media Module
(Released March 11th)
New Mixed media lesson to include floral and landscapes in acrylic with oil pastels as the star of the show creating interesting marks and pops of color to complete your work. Extra supply lesson for those who wish to venture into acrylic mixed media painting.
March 11th & 18th
(in the private FB Group)
Live Q&A demo broadcast from Kellee to help you with any questions you might have with the course or the materials or a boost to keep you going!
Launch Special $127
(offer good until 3/5)
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Oil Pastels?
Why Not? Seriously they are so versatile, easy to get started, and perfect for testing out composition and designs for bigger paintings. But really, my favorite part is using them in mixed media for that extra pop of color.
Why is it called painting when there's no "paint"?
It's really about how the material is used and how it covers the entire surface of the paper. And honestly, doesn't it look like a painting when it's finished?
I need a basic set! Which one?
I do a complete review of brands and which ones work best and why inside the course and you’ll find out quite quickly that the student grade oil pastels are not worth your time. The short of it is I will always recommend Caran d’Ache oil pastels and you can find my optional supply list on my Amazon Storefront
What tools do you use for blending?
My fingers! In all honesty I just love blending with my hands. But usually the best way to blend is with another pastel itself. That’s why I go through so much white. There are lots of blending tools on the market, but I know very little about how to use them effectively because I prefer my fingers.
How do you keep them from smearing?
Oil pastels are a bit finicky for displaying. Because they never fully dry, you usually need to display them behind glass with a matboard. However, I have learned that the marks do oxidize over time (the oil evaporates) and I can spray a fixative and then a spray varnish on my canvases so that they can be hung without glass.
How do you clean up from oil pastels? Do you need mineral spirits?
Nope. Just buy a bag of scent-free baby wipes and you’re good to go for all your clean-up needs, including your hands!
Who this course is designed for:
- If you need a kick in the pants to get started with making art again.
- If your art practice is becoming stale and in need of new techniques to invigorate you.
- If you are looking for a way to maximize your ideas by practicing for bigger works of art.
- If you are just getting started making art and don’t want to buy thousands of dollars of supplies to make a complete painting.
- If you are looking to understand color theory, composition and design in a simple to use medium so that the concepts of art become like second nature to you.
- If you want to learn all the possibilities from painting on paper to incorporating oil pastel into mixed media.
- If you keep making excuses that you don’t have time for your practice and need a very easy, on-the-go medium to create in less than 15 minutes.
- If you are simply intrigued by the rich, colorful medium of oil pastels.
- If you just like Kellee as a teacher and want to take all her courses. ;)
If you already bought this course you do not need to purchase it again, you will get ALL the new content automatically added to your account!
One thing that makes oil pastel a really great choice for starting out or making art on the go is that you need very few supplies. Just the pastels, paper and some wipes to clean your hands and you're set to make art!
Your results will improve with better supplies.
I use and recommend Caran d’Ache Oil Pastels and Legion Stonehenge Paper.
You can view my preferred supplies on my Amazon Storefront.
- Easy to use hosting system to watch all the content and easily interact with your host and other artists.
- All lessons are lifetime access and downloadable. *lifetime means for the life of the business’ viability.
- Email support M-F to help you with tech or materials questions.
- Two LIVE video webinars with Kellee to support you in your art journey. They will be recorded and saved to the online classroom for continued viewing.
- Early bird discount only applies to the first weekend and will not be offered again.
Launch Special $127
(offer good until 3/5)
I believe in Magic
I’m a fourth generation artist. My childhood was all about running through sculpture gardens and playing in the neighbors' art studios....what was this wonderland? It's undeniable that my upbringing, while somewhat unusual, left me with a strong impression that we can live the life of our dreams through art. That there is magic inherent in living a creative life. My true purpose is to bring that magic back and share it with those who are longing to realize their creative purpose.
I’M KELLEE WYNNE CONRAD
artist and your creative guide.
Wynne (said win) is my middle name. I'm a redhead, I married a redhead and we have three redhead boys. It's never quiet around here! Art is my outlet and passion in the midst of a wild life. It centers me and brings me peace. I am so fortunate for this gift and I honor it with gratitude in every brushstroke.
My tip is for beginners and experts alike. (Not to simply repeat every other basic advice I’ve heard but this fact is universally true.)
You have to make a lot of artwork to know how to make your artwork. You even have to make bad artwork. It’s the best teacher. The more you make the more you will begin to understand what you like and don’t like, what works for you and what doesn’t, what excites your soul and what bores you...and these discoveries will lead you to where you want to go.
And as soon as you think you know, you must do it again because we are ever changing and growing.
“You have to Make a lot of Artwork to know how to Make your Artwork!”
Launch Special Only $127 (until 3/5)