INTRODUCING ERIKA WYNN OF @heartilluminate
Erika Wynn is an artist, screen printer and yoga instructor living in Michigan. She is inspired by energy, birth and all things BRIGHT & BOLD! And her daughter Violet is one of her biggest inspirations.
This spring (2018) Erika will launch her new line of screen printed clothes with her signature style and bold colors. Learn more here: www.heartilluminate.com
TAKE A LOOK AT ERICA'S CREATIVE PROCESS:
Erika's primary inspiration is here personal yoga practice. She loves to explore the energetic realm of movement and consciousness. She says it helps clear her mind, cultivate attention and create space for her work to come through. And Erika also loves painting with her two year old daughter, Violet. She teaches through example how to loosen up, let go and have fun!
A FEW FUN THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ERIkA
- Erika is a lefty! She always finds solidarity in other left handed people.
- From Vinyasa, to prenatal and chair yoga, Erika has been teaching yoga in a wide variety of classes for the last eight years.
- Traveling is Erika's passion and she has been all over Europe, Canada and the US. Her first plane ride was when she was only 3 months old!
- Erika has been a dancer her whole life. She began ballet at the age of 4.
- And she swears like a sailor! Of course not in class or infront of her daughter. :)
YOUR TURN: repeating themes in bold colors
Erika's inspiration comes from repeating shapes and themes in her artwork alongside bright and bold colors.. The Ginkgo leaf is one of these objects that makes it's way into her artwork.
Try this - draw an object that sparks your interest and use the same idea ten different ways. How many works of art can you create with just one simple design concept? Start with a sketch and then draw the outline on your canvas with a watercolor pen (if you don't like what you draw you can wipe it off). Use a sharpie to draw a bold outline and then fill in the details with bright paint.
Erika's Favorite Supplies: