About a year ago I had just about had enough of being in business for myself. Creative entrepreneurship was kicking my ass and I felt like all I was doing was spinning my wheels trying to make things work. I was chasing fireflies. Every time I got close enough to catch a dream, the light would go out and I'd be lost in the dark again. I had tried everything from curating to mentoring, from a New York City exhibit to working with interior designers, but no one thing was the answer that pushed me over the top. I had plateaued. And I was frustrated. I wanted to quit everything.
"I was chasing fireflies. Every time I got close enough to catch a dream, the light would go out and I'd be lost in the dark again."
Then I discovered Your Best Year by Lisa Jacobs. Instead of chasing dreams, I started planning them out. Instead of reaching for the next shiny object, I could analyze what worked and what didn't. Using her beautifully laid out workbook, I was able to see what was time well spent and where I was wasting energy on the things that didn't matter. It was a game changer. I finally had a guide book to help me not only set goals, but to figure out what it was that I wanted in the first place.
So I did QUIT. I quit wasting time, I quit making excuses, and I quit working on projects that did not propel me in the direction of my goals. It was like a light finally went on after all the years I had invested in my art business. Your Best Year really did that for me! From the workbook and goal planner came a clear path on what I felt compelled to paint, who my ideal customer would be, how I wanted to create a financially sustainable business, my true desire to teach artists and my passion project, Color Crush Creative.
I have continued to work with Lisa Jacobs because her advice resonates with me. She not only gets the creative entrepreneur, but she is real and oh so relate-able. Full disclosure - I am a member of Lisa Jacobs' Luminaries Club, an affiliate and I have been using and implementing all of her marketing education. But you should know something about me, I am a skeptic and I don't jump on board with the next big business guru...I stick with the one I know speaks to my heart and my common senses. That's Lisa Jacobs. Marketing Creativity is geared towards artists and makers and that's why it works for me.
The new year is right around the corner and a new edition of Your Best Year is ready for download. I can't recommend it enough. It's affordable, inspirational, well thought out and you don't have to wait. You can start Your Best Year now...
Your Best Year 2018 includes:
- Prompts, goal-setting exercises, goal-prioritizing exercises and tough questions that MUST be answered in order to create results.
- Trackers and review to help you make the most of your time with high-efficiency and focus.
- A place to capture your wins each month, a record of review, a focus on the five pillars, a record of memorable moments, improved habit and performance trackers, a revolutionary goal-setting system, a revolutionary goal-setting worksheet, and a mix of instruction and application.
- Refreshers on the fundamentals: what to focus on, how to make progress, how to get your goals.
- Monthly calendar spreads.
- Introductory chapters that will help you make the most of every season of your life.
- Examples for every worksheet. No more guessing what an exercise means, examples follow each exercise or instruction.
- Instructions on how to use this workbook.
- Decision-making tools that will launch you into the leader’s circle.
- Vision for success worksheets and creative prompts.
- Fear-naming exercises and helpful insight.
- Motivational worksheets to keep your engine running and your creative juices flowing all year long.
- Monthly tracking tools, weekly reviews, unfinished business eliminators, daily scorecards, and more!